Upcoming Workshop & Courses
Elements for Better Health: Wood
April 4th 6pm-8pm
- Self-knowledge theory
- Self-care tips
We will be diving into the Wood Element: living well in the spring, managing stress and anger, ease of planning and moving forward in life, clear eyes, strong tendons, balanced menstruation and great digestion
To reserve your spot for this workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 587-231-9331
Foundational Movement Therapy™ - Practitioner Certification
March 4th - April 22nd
March 4th In-Person Course
* 2 Seats Left *
Time & Date: Sunday from 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Location: 6324 Bowness Rd NW, Calgary AB
The course will be held Every Sunday for 8 weeks, for a total of 32 hours of in-class training.
The course will finish on April 22nd. Final Exams would be held April 29th
- Enrolment is $1500.00 + GST and the textbook would be included.
- The online course can also be included in the initial enrolment cost at $300.00 CAD, instead of the $500.00 CAD.
- Also if you refer another student you get the online course free and a 25% discount the enrolment cost.
In this course, students will learn to assess the body by looking at fascial/meridian lines to determine how they are imbalanced. These imbalances are assessed by postural faults, which we firmly believe are the primary causes of physical pain, whether acute or chronic. An imbalance in a meridian line can cause structural pulling and misalignment of the fascia, thus leading to structural imbalances. One of the things that can be difficult to treat in clinic is physical pain due to structural imbalance, which is often caused by either chronic improper compensatory patterns, or injury. Foundational Movement TherapyTM address’; the everyday postures and habits of the client to get to the root cause of the physical pain. If a practitioner cannot give a patient long-term relief, the patient will seek out a different kind of therapy thus the Practitioner loses this patient. By the time the student has graduated, they should be competent at understanding how the meridian and fascial system affect the body. Comfortable with the biomechanics of each muscle group, and which fascial line it belongs too. As well, as extremely capable and confident at prescribe the FMT Protocols, to balance the fascial systems and meridian lines.
Meridian Yoga Therapy
Yoga practice is so much more than 'achieving a pose'. It is an opportunity to nurture those areas of yourself that feel stuck or stagnant. Using the knowledge that we share in Meridian Informed Yoga Therapy, our intention is for you to reignite your practice with the confidence of viewing each time on your mat as your very own acupressure session.
For your personal Practice:
Specific techniques will be shared with you for tailoring a personal practice that supports your own needs emotionally, energetically and physically based on an assessment of the meridians that would most support you in this time of your life.
For Massage Therapists, Yoga Teachers and Health Care Practitioners:
This certificate training will provide you with continuing education credits with the following organizations: NHPC, Canadian Yoga Alliance, and Yoga Alliance. Beyond deepening your own understanding of the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) meridian system, we empower you with techniques for supporting your clients through the subtle energy system of the body.
This powerful curriculum includes the following:
- Our thorough manuals written by Erin Legare-Tremblay R.Ac.TCMD and Stefani Wilton RMT, C-IAYT, E-RYT, YACEP. These manuals include fascinating information for supporting and empowering your clients via the meridian frameworks. Included are complete diagrams of the meridian system laid over real life imaging of the human body in colour.
- Video footage of the specific Meridian Informed Yoga Therapy practices that you can use to support your clients along with step by step details to support your assimilation of the material.
- Inspiring chats with Erin about Traditional Chinese Medicine and the Meridian System and how it supports mental and emotional health.
- Conversations with Stefani, about the correlations that we now see between Eastern and Western approaches to the myofascial system.
- Exploration of the muscle chains that support and work with the myofascial meridians. How to release and engage the systems properly.
- The most recent research around the connections between the myofascial system and the meridian system of the body.
- Five Meridian Informed Yoga Therapy Practices for you to experience in the comfort of your own home.
- Self-care practices for bringing balance to your own meridian system.